Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lathes of my youth...

Ok, there was just one. When I was in my early teens, my father bought me this Canadian Tire lathe for some unremembered job done. It was part of CTC`s cheap and crappy line. It cost less than $20 as I recall and came without any identifying name or marks. No matter, after adding an old washing machine motor and acquiring a set of Craftsman turning chisels I was ready to go. I played on that thing for hours.




 The only thing that remains of all that work is a chess set that my former girlfriend still has.

 





2 comments:

Graham Clayton said...

Did you make a board to go with the pieces?

Mister G said...

No I never did. In carpentry class in high school it was a popular project but I have never made one. I guess back then I was more into turning.