Tuesday, November 4, 2014

White dustpan



A lovely old dustpan I picked up years ago, and still use regularly. It's .041" thick, almost twice the thickness (.023") of later metal dustpans I've acquired, before they all started being made out of plastic.

I can't find any information about the "White" company.  They sure made a nice product.  Note the details:  two depressions at the top, forming feet on the bottom to keep the dustpan at an angle when sweeping stuff into it, the two inverted V's stamped into it for added rigidity, the nicely scalloped corners, the rounded lip to keep the sweepings from falling back out.  A lot of thought went into the design of this simple, utilitarian object.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I have a similar, though not exactly the same, old metal dust pan made by Quickie Mfg. out of New Jersey. It too has the nicely rounded lip and I find this to be the perfect tool for cleaning up around my charcoal fired smokers - try that with a plastic dustpan!